A sophisticated, spicy sauce that is perfect for meat dishes and adds a luxurious twist to any meal.Béarnaise is an ultimate sauce for meat lovers and adds a gourmet element to your meal. It requires some finesse, but the end result is totally worth the effort. Making a good gastrique is crucial for the depth of the flavor.Print Pin FB X
- 1 el finely chopped tarragon
- 1 el finely chopped chervil
- Prepare the gastrique: reduce white wine vinegar, shallot, tarragon and peppercorns to a reduction. Strain the mixture.
- In a saucepan over low heat, whisk the egg yolks and gastrique until frothy.
- Slowly add the clarified butter, continue beating until it becomes a creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in finely chopped tarragon and chervil.
- The gastrique should be well boiled down for a concentrated flavor.
- Add more spices to taste if desired.