Let yourself be seduced by the delicious taste of sweet cherries in a homemade cherry cake, a perfect addition to any occasion.Print Pin FB X Rate
Crème patissière or baker's cream
- Take your measuring cup and fill with half a liter of milk
- Put the milk in the bowl. Keep a little milk left (1dl max is enough).
- Add the sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Heat the milk. Stir occasionally in such a way that the sugars dissolve well and do not burn.
- Meanwhile, crack 4 eggs. Put the egg yolks in the measuring cup with the surplus milk.
- Also, add the vanilla pudding powder in the measuring cup. Stir well until everything is absorbed by the milk and egg yolk.
- When the milk is (almost) boiling, you can add the remaining paste from the measuring cup. Keep stirring well. If the paste gets warm enough, a bond is formed. Then take it off the heat for a while. Keep stirring constantly until the custard takes its final shape.
- Once the cherry paste has been formed, you can also add the cherries.
- Allow to cool!
- Take the jar of cherries. Pour the juice into a bowl using a sieve. Set the cherries aside.
- Add the 100g of sugar.
- Add the sachet of vanilla pudding powder.
- Again, reheat - stir regularly. As soon as a paste forms, remove from the heat. Keep stirring constantly until you get a whole mass.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir out the dough and place it in your pie pan. Press well along the side and remove any excess dough.
- Poke enough hole in the dough. This prevents the dough from rising too much.
- You can now spread the cooled pastry cream on the cake. With the help of a spatula you can divide them evenly.
- Spread the cooled cherry porridge on top. Again, use a spatula to divide the cherries evenly. Be careful, but don't make a mess of it.
- Now take your 2nd dough and cut it into 1 cm strips. Start in the middle.
- Now place the strips on top of your cake. Start with 1 horizontal followed by 1 vertical at the top left. And work your way down to the right.
- Place the strips well OVER the edges, then you can press down with the help of your fingers and push off the excess dough with your fingers.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- Take the apricot jam (without pieces please). Add some water. With the help of a baking brush, paint in the strips. Carefully add the rest of the cake as well. Watch your work shine!
- Give the cake time to cool.
Calories: 400kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 14g