A nice seasoned chicken on the bbq.
Cost: From €3
- A barbecue
- 1 chicken
- 1 tablespoon Chicken seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilly powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 Big punch oil
Drinking a beer
- Good news. We need a 33cl can. Anyone in the mood for a beer?Fill the empty can half full with water. Any surplus herbs or extra herbs can be poured into the can.
Marinating the Chicken
- Remove the chicken from the packaging. Remove any binding wire.
- Take the quantities of the different herbs and mix them together in a jar. Mix with the oil.
- Use a pastry brush and cap into the spice mixture.
- Take the chicken by its legs and rub the chicken well with the spices.
- Always a good idea to let the chicken rest a bit in the spices. So ideally, you should do this a few hours in advance.
- Turn on the bbq. Not too high. A temperature of up to 175° maximum is desired.
- While preheating the bbq, you can put the chicken on the can. Be careful, the chicken is slippery. It is best to do this close to the bbq.
- Put the tin of chicken on the bbq and try to place the leg a little wider for stability. Give the chicken another little nudge down.Stable? Then we're ready to bake
- Chicken is cooked at a core temperature of 70-72°. Ideally, you should use a meat thermometer. The roasting time is easily 1h depending on the size of your chicken.