- Gather all the ingredients but leave the ice cream in the freezer for a while
- Rinse the apples
- Remove the core using an apple corer
- Peel the apples
- Cut the apples into slices of about 1 centimetre thick
- Squeeze the lemon and drizzle over the apples
- Stir occasionally in such a way that the lemon juice spreads well
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl
- Add the eggs, the oil and the water (or beer)
- Carefully start stirring and then speed up until you get a homogeneous mass
- Let rest for up to 10 minutes
- Use your deep fryer or a separate pan
- Heat the oil (max 170°)
- Stir the dough again
- Dip as many apple slices in the dough as can fit in the pan
- Cap well and then carefully place slice by disc in the oil. Excess dough should first drip off the apple slices before putting it in the oil.
- Halfway through the baking time, turn the discs over so that the other side can also brown nicely
- The baking time depends a lot on the temperature and your desires and can be up to 7-8 minutes if you prefer a "crispy" crust.
- Place the baked apple fritters on a paper towel in such a way that the excess fat can penetrate the paper towel.
- Do you have to bake a lot of them? Place the baked apple fritters in a dish and keep warm in an oven of max. 150°.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer
- Take a plate and put 3 apple fritters in it
- Drizzle the apple fritters with icing sugar
- Finish with an extra scoop of vanilla ice cream